Foundations of Restorative Yoga is a condensed version of Level 1 Training and offers you a clear understanding of the basic science of Restorative Yoga as well as the general application of an alignment within restorative poses.
You will gain a deeper understanding of the subtle energy body in restorative poses as well as how to create a restorative experience for the general practitioner. You will leave equipped with tools for building a restorative practice, incorporating them into your group classes, developing personal programs for your private students or patients, and creating your own personal home practice. This program differs from Jillian's Level 1 Training in that it does not offer as many pose variations or groupings nor does it offer as many hands-on practices.
New and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, bodyworkers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about Restorative Yoga are also welcome. If you are interested in more extensive training, Restorative Teacher Training Level 1 includes more physiology, pose variations, teaching techniques and hands-on practice time.
Personal experience, lecture, discussion, questions and answers, a training manual, and exercises and teaching practice with partners using props to deepen healing and transformation.
- Basic science of the Relaxation Response theory
- Foundations of the nervous system and subtle body
- Philosophy and applications of Restorative Yoga asanas
- The neurological, physical, psychological, and energetic benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Use of basic props
- Breathing, verbal cueing, and guided relaxation tools
- Building a restorative practice and attuning the body, breath, and mind
You will receive
- A Certification of Completion. This can be used for Yoga Alliance CEU hours.
- An extensive training manual compiled by Jillian
- A list of recommended reading and resources
- An extensive follow-up guide to online resources for continued study and practice
- An invitation to join an ongoing discussion and resource group for Restorative Yoga and Yoga Therapeutics teachers
Investment: $150 by May 1, $175 after.
Jillian Pransky is an international presenter and the author of Deep Listening. She is a Certified Yoga Therapist recognized by the International Association of Yoga Therapy and the director of Restorative Therapeutic Yoga teacher training for YogaWorks. Jillian created and leads Yoga Journal's four week course, Restorative Yoga 101 and is a featured yoga expert for Prevention Magazine. She is a guest teacher at many renowned holistic learning centers including Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, 1440 Multiversity, the Omega Institute, Mohonk Mountain House, and Blue Spirit Retreat Center. Her Calm Body, Clear Mind DVD and Relaxmore CD have garnered excellent reviews from Dr. Mehmet Oz, Yoga Journal, and many others.